Project - A blog or personal website for each user in my forum. I have no idea what coding language is best for this, hopefully something simple and straight forward.
I have a forum that is based on the Mylittleforum script, [url removed, login to view]
It is an open source script, so anyone can make modifications to it.
I suggest you take a look at the script and even download it in order to evaluate if you can do this project.
Here's what I need:
1) By default, the forum script is already configured in such a way that every registered forum user has his own "user info" page which contains info such as the user's name, email address, date registered, profile etc. The "user info" is accessible to all forum members so that people can learn more about each other's background. I need to expand the "user info" so that registered users can enter more information there.
2) Specifically, I want every registered forum user to be able to upload their own pictures (jpeg, gif) and videos (wmv, flash FLV, flash SWF, rm) as well as text comments and create their own personal journal (or blog) within their respective "user info" account, sort of a personal blog or personal journal that every forum member can read. Let's call this new feature "personal journal".
3) Registered forum users should be able to create multiple personal journal entries, for example, an entry every month if they want. They should be able to upload pictures to each journal entry. For example, some creates a journal entry for the month of Jan and he uploads pictures that he took in January to his January journal entry.
4) The forum admin, ie myself, should be able to go into each user's account and edit the user's journal entries or even create new journal entries for their accounts as if they were my own accounts, including being able to upload pics and videos for their accounts.
5) Since forum members can upload files to their personal journals, security is important, I do not want any bugs in the script that allows people to upload virus to my server.
6) I should be able to insert Headers and footers for the users' personal journal accounts.
7) The personal journal should result in an html link where anyone on the internet can access even if they are not logged into the forum.
8) A typical journal page could be something like this [url removed, login to view] , note that there is a seperate html page for each journal entry, [url removed, login to view]
9) If you are interested in this project, I suggest you register a user account at my forum, then check out the USER INFO section for your account and you will have a better feel of what needs to be done. PMB for my forum address.
10) I assume you have to be a php and MySQL expert for this project. My forum runs on a linux server by the way.
Deadline: 2-4 weeks, I am flexible if you are a strong candidate for this project.
Please do NOT bid on this project until you have PM me and let me know that you are 100% confident you can complete this project.
50% escrow upon acceptance of the project
50% escrow upon completion
100% release to your SL account after I have reviewed the final product to my satisfaction, within 1 week after project completion. I need 1 week to review make sure there are no bugs.
Again, do not bid on this project unless you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CERTAIN that you can complete this to my satisfaction.
I strongly encourage you to ask as many questions as possible in the PMB, I can judge by the questions you raise whether you are a good candidate or not. If you feel strongly confident about this task, feel free to ask any details or questions pertaining to this project.