A famous local food chain selling local delights is having difficulties in keeping track of their take-away/delivery orders from all branches. Most of the orders are done through phone calls, which is seriously time consuming and prone to human errors. Sometimes, the staff have problem understanding customers speaking in other languages such as *Japanese* especially the tourists. Hence, a new way of making food orders is necessary and the more ways to make an order, the more businesses can be covered. This project will be used to accept online orders and manage the food chain*s information efficiently.
Through the online application, the Management of the Food Chain can do the following:
1. Manage branches information (staff profile, customers* monthly surveys statistics, customers* ordering trends per month)
2. Manage branches and their delivery areas information.
3. Manage menus, set meals information
4. Manage sales prices and promotional prices
5. Manage the use of food e-vouchers (expiry dates, cash-values etc..)
6. Generate items and sales report in PDF format (with relevant purposes in mind)
Customers can use the application to:
1. Browse the food menu and set meals descriptions (with mix and match of drinks of the same value for the set meals)
2. Add items into the order cart and confirm orders
3. Purchase e-vouchers as a gift or self-use (Use PayPal or other means)
4. Set system preferences (See food menu and description in chinese, japanese, malay or english)
5. See their history of orders (can chose the period)
6. Do online surveys
Besides delivering the above basic functions, please take note of the following: 1. The final application must allow easy multi-language configuration in future. (Shall not create any duplicate pages of the same data in different language)