An oscommerce shopping cart has been installed for 4 products. It is the oscommerce cart system with two modifications:
- it allows google adwords tracking for two different accounts (i.e. there are two additional lines of code added)
- it sends a confirmation mail to email addresses which can be entered in the admin area.
The implementation was sloppy however and now after testing, some bugs have to be removed and some changes implemented.
None of the edits are major but there are quite a few edits so it is recommended that you only bid if you have some experience with oscommerce. Then, the project is easy otherwise it will be a lot of work.
Our cost estimate is $100 to $150 for the project.
- At the bottom of one page
var google_conversion_id = 1039844040; var google_conversion_language = "en_US"; var google_conversion_format = "1"; var google_conversion_color = "ffffff"; var google_conversion_label = "so6UCOTzRhDIhevvAw";
appears which indicates that the google tracking has not been implemented correctly.
- Clicking on ‘continue shopping’ leads to an error page
- when payment with paypal is selected, the paypal site is not in English
- When I enter a coupon, if it is not correct I don't get a message telling me so, it just goes back to a blank page.
- When the shipping option is chosen, there is an option ‘change adress’. It can be removed.
- When the payment method is selected “[url removed, login to view]” can be selected. The customers will not know what [url removed, login to view] is so the text should be changed to “Credit Card”
- In the country list for shipping “United States” should appear at the top.
- “Shopping Cart : now in your cart 1 items“ on every page and the cart logo with the link to the shopping cart can be removed.
- On the last page of the order process there is the option to edit selections (e.g. shipping etc.) It does not work. Where it does not work, the option should be removed.
- In the confirmation email it says 1 x “Product Name ()” The empty bracket should include the product specifications (no. of capsules) or it can be removed
- The confirmation email that goes the the shipping department has an order update link. When clicking it, signing it should not be required.
- If a wrong credit card number is entered one gets: “The first four digits of the number entered are: 4111<br>If that number is correct, we d not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.”
Notice the <br>s needs fixing.
- The confirmation email is now by default sent to the main store address as well. That should be removed.
- When clicking the confirmation email, the default setting should be “Append comments” and “Shipped”.
- The status options are now “pending”, “processing” and “delivered” and should be renamed to “pending”, “shipped” and “delivered”.
- The customer notification email has to be rewritten
There are a few other small bugs or changes which I might have forgotten mentioning here or which might appear in the editing process. It is expected that they will also be changed. When you ask for some info from us, it might take up to two days or so until we respond.
Right now an old cart system is still installed in the main directory of [url removed, login to view]
The new cart is installed under [url removed, login to view]
That one is not active yet and you can place test orders even with real credit cards. (Paypal orders will be charged however).
In the end, we will need a few days to test drive the system and afterwards it will have to be copied into the main directory.