I have a highly customized version of osCommerce website selling Murano Glass jewelry and artwork (check it out at www[dot]g#l@a#s@s#ofv+e~n%ice[dot]com – just remove the #,@,~,and%s ) with about 25 addons installed and need to install more. The list of addons is below. I am also planning to start a forum and have already installed and partially configured the phpBB and now need 11 MODs installed on top of it.
PLEASE NOTE – this project is not just about installing the MODs – I used to be a programmer myself and could do it easily. Your job is to make them all work, configure and fully test the functionality of the whole site, with all e-mails going out etc. By configure, I also mean to make it look nice where necessary based on my feedback. I will also ask you to look at a few issues with functionality outside of the scope of this projects. These will add few hours to the project. Count those in. I would say that 10% of the time is installation, 5% - configuration, and 85% is testing and fixing the issues/imperfections.
I have a “DEV” subfolder on my site where the development version of the code is. This code points to a separately setup development database. Right now, DEV version of the code is different from the one in Production in that I hired someone to upgrade the site from 800x600 to 1024x768. This has been done but will require some additional testing from you. A couple of MODs that need to be installed from the list below have already been installed in DEV but not tested and not configured properly. You will need to finish this job.
You will work in this DEV environment until everything is ready to move to Production. When it is ready, you will set up a QA environment (QA subfolder with a QA version of the database which will contain structure from DEV with all changes and current data from Production environment – this will be a place where I can test all changes based on then current Production data). When testing is done, you will migrate the code and the database structure to Production and configure all the changes necessary so that everything works with then current Production database data.
If you have better ideas on how to implement this, do not hesitate to offer your version of the plan. Goal is to minimize the downtime for the website and move clean and fully tested code and DB structure to Production.
For the forum piece of this project, you will create a DEV version by copying the current phpoBB database and pointing the DEV code to it. You will work on the DEV version of phpBB and when done and tested, migrate to Production. I noticed that the current DEV code sometimes “slips” to Production so you may have to tune some config files to avoid that.
I have a contribution tracker installed so when you are finished, you will need to add all MODs to the list.
For each line you add or change, you agree to put a beginning and an end comment in the following format:
/*** Begin <MOD NAME & Ver.> by <Your Name> - <CURRENT DATE> ***/
/*** End <MOD NAME & Ver.> by <Your Name> - <CURRENT DATE> ***/
I WOULD MUCH PREFER A US-based developer with a proven track record or at least somebody whose native language is English and whom I can call on the phone to discuss the issues.
No payments will be made until the project is fully finished. Do not bid unless you agree with this. I am not trying to steal your money. I am a legit US based company with strong financials. This policy is my insurance against your misconduct. I am looking for long-term relationship with a person committed to his or her obligations and timelines.
Now to the addons I need:
1. Add Google eCommerce tracking. Here is the link:
[url removed, login to view];hl
=en_US I understand it should be embedded in the page that precedes [url removed, login to view]
2. Order Editor [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
3. Update quantity & change sort_order of categories and products - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
4. PHPMailer for OsCommerce - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
5. Google Checkout - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
6. Package Tracking Plus 2.2 - [url removed, login to view]
7. USPS Shipping Insurance - [url removed, login to view]
8. Manual Order - [url removed, login to view],6370 ;support forum here: [url removed, login to view];st=0&p=1336057
9. osC_GiftWrap - [url removed, login to view]
10. Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.2 - [url removed, login to view]
11 MODs to phpBB:
1. Announcements MOD - manage announcements -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=4995
2. Adaptive quick search -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=5625
3. Add disclaimer to the bottom of each page -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6145
4. SEO add meta tags!!! -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6725
5. Advertisement manager -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=7235
6. Anti double post -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6345
7. Places a links/navigation bar along the top and bottom of your forums (header & footer), which can be easily updated via the ACP. -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6855
8. This MOD adds an ACP-configurable site-wide warning to the top of your board. You can display differennt messages for guests and registered users.
- [url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6775
9. Allows users to enter a skype profile which, if activated in skype, will show that users status on skype and allow other users to "call" them -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6285
10. This modification enables you to specify key words and a related URL for each one. Whenever these words are used in a posting, your specified link is automatically included. -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=5445
11. This MOD allows to display the Ip adress of private message. In ACP, you can authorize only founders/administrators/global moderators to view this information. -
[url removed, login to view];mode=display&contrib_id=6425