Import old system data into new system.
Old system consists of cogent (CMS) and punBB.
New system consists of Zen Cart and phpBB.
I need to import all users from the old system into the new system.
I have a backup of the old MySQL database.
An initial import of the old punBB users into the new phpBB forum was carried out on 07-05-2008
2 Old System:
There are three types of users:
1. Forum Users that have only registered for the forum
2. Shop Users that have bought products from the site
3. Site Users that have not bought anything but have signed up for the newsletter
The above user types utilise the following:
1. Forum punBB
2. Shop Cogent
3. Site Cogent
Import ALL users into the new system:
1. Forum punBB into phpBB
2. Shop Cogent into Zen Cart
a. Import ALL Cogent users into Zen Cart
b. Ensure users have relevant Membership status set from old Cogent system: None / Single / Couples
3. Site Cogent into Zen Cart
a. Ensure ALL users have their Newsletter status set from old Cogent system: Subscribed / Non-Subscribed
4 New Users:
New users have already started to register and use the new system. I therefore need to ensure their details are preserved. I understand that their details may need to be ‘re-imported’ and that they may need to reset their passwords, but I would much rather not disrupt their service if possible.
5 Data cleanse:
There may be a number of duplicate records in the old database. These will need to rationalised into one consistent record.
There may be a number of customer records that are in a pending status. These will need to be rationalised/removed.
Ideally, customers will have a single account that will enable them to log on to the site.
This will then give them access to the forum and allow shop purchases to be made.
6 Work requirements:
1. I need someone to very clearly and logically analyse the old database against the new (the old system against the new system).
2. Then very clearly explain it to me.
3. Then for us both to agree on what work will be carried out to achieve the successful import.
4. Carry out the import.
5. Test that the import has been successful.
6. Prove the results to me.
7 End Results:
1. Forum Old forum users will be able to log in to the new forum with their old credentials
2. Shop Old shop users will be able to log in to the new shop (zen cart) with their old details intact
a. Name, Address, email, details preserved
b. Membership status preserved: None / Single / Couples
3. Site Old site users will have an account on the new system (zen cart)
a. Newsletter status preserved: Subscribed / Non-Subscribed
It is also absolutely essential that we have good communication on the project to ensure we are on track and both fully aware of the current status and the expected timescale for delivery.
My normal T&Cs: 50% payment into GAF escrow upon acceptance of Project, with final 50% payment upon completion
11 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $213 untuk pekerjaan ini
HI. I can complete this project for you. I have database import & export experience and have reviewed your project requirements. Please contact me if interested. Thanks Shay
Not a problem. If you could maybe make SQL dumps of the old and new db's I can have a preliminary scope and get a better estimate of the work effort required. Regards, I