We have installed computers on our busses. These computers are today EMPTY. We need to connect the computer to a screen (VGA or HDMI).
We have a server running Gentoo Linux and Apache.
We would like our computers onboard busses to loop commercial videos (Ads).
Everytime the ad is finished playing, it should be logged back to our server.
Our suggestion is to send a small package to the busses with FTP information (user,pass,filename,target...) and the onboard bus downloads the content (if abrupted it should be resumed and not really timeout).
What we want, is two systems:
- login to a system, via the web (admin does not need to look good - just work).
- Upload a video (via HTTP or FTP).
- The videos should initially be uploaded to our server.
- We seperatly choose videos to upload to all the busses with one click.
- We want a video player that plays many video formats (like VLC - [url removed, login to view]).
- The onboard computer should also ping our servers (so we know they are online).
What the buspassangers should see, is only videos looping. We should be able to change (upload/delete) the video remotely. If the power is cut - the booting sequence should be our logo and start automatically. No linux start to be shown.
If you need more information - please PM.