We are in need of an very fast bulk whois tool. We will not be using it to extract emails, rather it is for a domain analysis setup to see what companies own what domains, and expiration dates of domains, etc...
This will ONLY be needed for .com, not .net or .info, etc..
I would need the output stored in a mysql table,
Some notes on what it needs to do:
1. Basically I will input into a mysql table list of domains needing to be queried.
2. Script will read all the domains in that table to query and save all data to a new mysql table with the following fields
3. Whois query tool must be multi-threaded (spawn lots of concurrant connections to get the whois data the fastest possible way)
4. Must use have ability to use proxies or multiple local IP's. We will provide the list of proxies in a mysql table or text file.
Software needs to know if it fails to connect thru one of the proxies it will round robin till it finds one it can connect through.
Main focus is the bulk whois query tool. Must be FAST, multi-threaded and have proxy capability.
Project can be coded in php, c or perl. Your choice as long as it works as spec'ed above.
Thanks in advance!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
unix server based