A few simple Modifications to an existing Perl/SQL PPC search engine.
The existing script admin demo can be found at:
[url removed, login to view]
Your should review this site befor bidding.
1) Add a create a page funtion. This will be as simple as adding a table with two fields link ID and a memo field and some input form pages. The intent is for users to be able to create a page (if they do not have a site) that will be indexed in the engine. The page will be be dynamically created from several field in the link table (already availbale) and the body will be from the memo field in the new table you create.
2) Icon - there is a field already in the table for an image icon. I would like this to be incorporated in search and category listing. It will be 75X75. In input forms useres will have the ability to type in a URL of upload an image - images large than 75X75 will need to be reduced in file size and LXW to fit in a max of 75X75 (with aspect ratio) Image will only show in listings if there is a positive balance (deposit)in the pay per click account or it is a product for sale (see below). Any record that does not meet the criteria (or has not image) should get a default image (gif) that says "No Image provided"
3) Buy now shopping cart paypal intergation. User will be able to create a page (see item 1)with a product for sale. this will have several feild (alredy open field available in table) including qty - time to ship, and ofcouse a paypal buy button. the item number will be the link ID number. No need to go crazy and reinvent the wheel - is your have (are familiar) an existing shoping cart script (there are hundred available) - you are welcome to simply incorporate it instead of writing from scratch. Listing will include a picture so there should be a facility to to upload an image (as well as the thumbnail 75X75)
4) Automated Import utility from Excel. Provide a way to upload new links into a specific category for approval in the admin section. This will be a Excel 5.0 spreadsheet. The intent is to make this available to users that wish to add many links (and/or products for sale). In the admin section I simple need to browse to the file and click an "upload" button.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation on existing website.
3) FULL Testing and documentation. You should thourougly test/debug your work to ensure smooth operation under any eventuality. Documentation will be for users in the form of how to use funtions in the existing help page on the site.
4) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
5) You should make and provide a full back up before you make any changes to existing code (just in case!!)
Addition 10/22/02 after conversation with selected coder: 5) set up the banner system the comes with the program and see if it is possible to have specific banners displayed only for specific categories. Looking at what they offer this would invlove some minor programing. 6) Minor formating to htlm pages (3-4) generated by perl (adding a logo - changing some font sizes.
perl, mySQL, Linux server, fully compatible with Mewsoft NetEngine (existing script) plesk site administration
should be configured so it looks good at 600X800 resuluion and above with any popular browser.
## Deadline information
Due 1 week afte assignment
Guys, these are simply modifications - and simple ones - if you look at the site admin (see URL provided) you will see that almost everything (table, feilds, relationships) have already been done by the good people at Mewsoft. If it were ASP not perl I think I could knock out the whole thing in a day or two tops.... but it is perl and me not know perl yet! That's the reason I am turning to you. So keep you bids low and competative.