I need a quick little script or mini interface that will:
1. Copy one or many files to one or many PCs across the network. E.g. icons, or any file I choose.
2. I want to define all fields in a .xls table. E.g.
destination pcname ([\\pc1]),
destination PC path E.g. \documents and settings\all users\desktop\,
Username and password for authentication to that particular PC,
additional file names in each successive column. (and/or a way to choose whole folders to upload)
3. I want to be able to put this .xls in a folder on the desktop of the PC I'm broadcasting from, with the script or GUI and run it from there. So this must run independently and not depend on AD.
4. I want a way to track the progress as it copies to each PC.
5. It must not overload the network. So 1 PC at a time is best.
6. I want a report when it finishes of what succeeded and what failed.
7. It should skip the copy if the file is newer than the one I'm trying to upload, or have an option to choose.
8. No visual basic runtimes required please. I want this to use native OS methods/runtimes.
9. Add some nice startup graphics or little logo to make it cool.
Or, show me a better way, but still simple, easy, and independent.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must run on Windows 2000/XP and above.