[url removed, login to view] is a news/blog aggregator targetting Africa.
For our development, we need a browser extention that can bring more users to our platform.
you can test what we want here: [url removed, login to view] (you have to scroll to see how to download the browser extension). Once you install it, you can wait 1 or 2 hours to see how it works exactly.
We need something like this extension who can :
- be installed on every browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari. No matter the browser, it should work the same way)
- read news pushed to the extension (titles, texts, pictures, countries, date, views, source, ) and push them directly to the installed extensions. The data can be managed by JSON, or we can start by using RSS feeds if it is easier
- allow visitors to sort articles by date, or by popularity (number of views))
- manage a configurable update frequency (the frequency at which the feeds are checked for update can be configurated in the admin section, by admins. Not every client can specify its own)
- manage differents types of pushed data. Normal data, push by a specific JSON source with a regular frequency, and "Breaking News" pushed right away (with a specific bacckground color)
- pop-up when there is something new fetched from pushed data (see how the actual extension is working)
- be able to modify the background of the browser page (this feature shouldn't do nothing by default. It will be use later)
- be able to support update directly from our server (the client doesn't need to do any action)
- be able to have some statistics (how many people have installed the browser extension, how many people are using it, ..)
- be able to use the favicon as logo (I'll give this favicon)
- manage "Send by email" (visitors can send articles by email to their friends)
- manage "Comments" (visitors can comments articles directly from the extension, with light captcha)
- manage both english, french, arabic, etc..
- manage "Send us News or Picture" where people can send us a news or a picture, directly from their browser, without needing to go through their webmail (mail, subject, text, captcha, attached files, send button)
- manage offline working (anything the client write is store locally, and synchronized once the browser is connect to the Internet)
- put a specific page as "Home page" of the browser (on a regularly basis, based on what articles the client use to read - especially depending on the country the articles are from)
What you need to do is to install the actual extension, and see very carefully what it does. What I need is something similar, with some administration capacities (no need a graphic admin backend, something technical would be good for now).
To test your extension, i'll provide you a page some RSS feeds (that I know they are regularly updated), and we'll see how the extension is working.
If you have already done a similar work, please send me a link where I can download it and test it.