To start things off I want to know what the better platform to modify is, 2.6+ or 3.0.1+. I here 3.0.1 is going to be discontinued but It may currently be better. The feeling I have is that once I thoroughly modify the script, updating it is out of the question and eventually all work will have to be custom and the script running my site will grow by itself. What route do you believe is best?
Next I'd like to know a little bit about you, credentials and information that will allow me to get to know who I'm talking too. Are you capable of doing extensive modification to the Clipshare platform? Next, will the modifications I pay you to do include the source code? I don't want to purchase any mods you already may have made without being able to edit it later. I also would like to know is after I get my script modified, will it be extremely difficult to update to say a later version? If they create a new update to 3.0.1 will I be able to update?
To let you know off the bat, before we begin I need to wait for the updated 3.0 template for my website. I purchased a template from [url removed, login to view] to get things going, and the 3.0 version isn't ready essentially making the layout currently on my site full of errors. When the new version of the template is released error less, then I'll feel content to begin.
1) Integration with vbulletin, I'd like my video site to be seamlessly integrated with [url removed, login to view], a vbulletin forum.
2) Working picture upload mod separate from video, that works somewhat like flickr. I think there's already a nice working mod available for this, [url removed, login to view]
3) A much improved embed process that makes sense, is simple and is way less tedious on the user. I see there are various interesting mods that pull directly from YouTube, but I'd like something with a much larger array of websites. The system also needs a unique way of telling the user that easy embed only works on certain sites, and needs to offer another somewhat simple method for lesser known websites. If not I'd rather a mod that will take a DIRECT URL for the video and simply use that to post it on the website. My current embed process also has another lame process; it requires you to upload a thumbnail. I'd much rather a process to creates a thumbnail on its own.
4) Sharing section underneath each video. Under each video I want the proper sectioning, similar to Youtube.com. The SHARE feature needs to be properly implemented with the icon for every popular sharing/submittal service digg, reddit, stumble upon ETC
5) Slight layout modification, similar to [url removed, login to view] I want the top navbar to also be placed on the bottom. You can see the search bar and the tabs.
6) All bugs and errors ironed out after the new updated template is installed.
Future Modification needs (after job 1)
1) A flash game upload mod, separate from both other sections similar to an newgrounds.com. I want users to be able to share and rate flash games and I'd like the flash uploading section to have its own categories.
2) I may have found another source, but I'll also need someone capable of improving the video quality on the website tremendously.
This website may have some tools to help the process happen, [url removed, login to view]
Let me know what you can accomplish and be sincerely honest, please also give me an estimate of cost for each portion of coding. Thank you.