I send out 20,000 individualized, opt-in emails once a week. I need a PHP script to run on my website that does the following:
- Running in a Linux environment on a VPS host (from [url removed, login to view])
- Read a zipped ASCII file and unzip it
- File contains delimited fields for record ID, email address(es), subject, body (I can make the file in any format desired).
- Send email in plain text via standard mailer – throttle mailing so it won’t overwhelm the mailer (it’s OK for this to take several hours). For throttle, I suggest something like: queue 500, wait for queue to empty, wait a short time, queue another 500, etc.
- Keep a real-time log of record ID’s sent, error code, if any (e.g., malformed email address – are there any more that can be detected?), along with a counter (I need a counter so that if for some reason there is a failure I can restart from the failure point – which the code should allow me to do).
- Allow me to monitor progress of the mailing
- Note that Inmotionhosting already provides SPF and Domain Keys, so that is not a necessary addition.