I need a web application to display sporting event information as a web page on mobile devices. The application should be database driven and scalable to handle multiple simultaneous sporting events.
The site should be written in PHP and use a MySQL database. The non-mobile portion of the site should be in Joomla. This portion of the site is for the event administrator to upload data files and change settings for their event. There needs to be a way to charge users of the mobile device portion of the site for access. Charges could be paid by credit card or possibly charged to mobile phone bill.
I have a basic proof of concept for the web based current Event/Heat listing. If truly interested in this job, send a message requesting links to the prototype pages.
Program design requirements:
1. Add a setup portal page on a Joomla site.
Setup portal has Hytek Meet Manager uploads, password change, page customization, turn off/on features, set how many heats in advance to send notification.
Ability to enter meet name, date, event type, set page colors, site access pricing, team contact info, warm up time, meet start time, etc. This must be designed to be able to handle thousands of teams entering info for their meet.
2. Add secure login for accessing event/heat set page used by the timing table. Separate buttons to increment the event and heat so that you do not have type an actual number. Also a Next button that increments to the next Event/Heat based on the team uploaded event file that contains Event numbers and number of Heats per event. Actual number box should still be present.
3. Ability to upload Meet Manager event/heat/participant list. The event page would then display current event name and 'heat X of X heats'.
If Meet Manager event list has approx heat start times, display amount of time the meet is ahead/behind schedule based on current time difference calc.
4. Ability for user to enter address for email/text notification of upcoming heat.
5. Ability to upload and parse Meet Manager program listing file into MySQL database. File is html format. If Meet Manager event list has approx heat start times, display participant's updated heat start time based on current time difference calc. Must be able to re-upload the file and replace previous data.
6. Display qualification times and seed times in participant or team event list
7. Search by participants name to get listing of all events/heats they are entered in for display and email/text notification.
8. Ability to search by Team name to list other team member's events(currently working in prototype)
9. Add ability for participant to check-in for events on site.
10. Add ability to upload and display race results for teams with a timing system capable of doing this. Also auto change current event/heat as sent by timing system(this is working on current prototype). I will handle the program to capture data from the timing system, I just need a way to upload the data to the site and display the results info if uploaded.
11. Add ability to upload real time event/heat results from Meet Manager file. If compatible timing system isn't available the results will be uploaded using a file from Meet Manager. Web app will need to parse the file and put data into database.
12. Figure out a way to make a short url for multiple Meets and page scalability. Web address for user access to the meet's pages should be short and as easy to remember as possible.
13. Make site fully database driven for unlimited scalability.
14. Ability to charge users for access to the site. Lock each charged customer to be able to use site on 1 or 2 devices. Charges could be paid by credit card or possibly charged to mobile phone bill. I will be using Quickbooks merchant account so charges can be automatically downloaded to Quickbooks. Processing must be compatible with Quickbooks SDK 4.1 or higher. Need to use session id, cookies, etc to store info.
15. Create stats page for meet administrator to see how much the site was used for their meet as well as for displaying profit from user access sales.
16. Add the ability to sort by clicking on table column headings.
17. Add A - Z list on top of Swimmer list page to go to a particular group of participant names.
18. Add ability to display a list of all Events/Heats/competitors. Possibly display the html file uploaded from Meet Manager.
19. Ability to go to a page that lists all meets that are using the site.
20. Ability to turn on/off the requirement to charge for access for a particular team by the website administrator
21. 6 months of support required to fix any bugs found. 75% of the funds will be released after testing the final program. The remaining 25% of funds will be released after the 6 month support period.
22. Instructions on the requirements and how to install the application is required and which files need to be distributed.
23. The GUI needs a clean and professional looking interface.
24. Complete error trapping and comments required.
25. The buyer retains all rights to the program, concept, and source code.