im looking for a total linux cyber cafe setup. i have 5 client computers, to which linux will be installed and 1 linux server to manage them and my customers.
On the server i want to be able to create customers and their login details with their profile and what time packages they are using. and i will be needing reports on their consumption, etc. i should be able to "top-up" their balance time, if it is getting over while they are in session. Every client will be having a storage area also assigned , where they store all their downloaded files.
i should be able to control the following
- Enable/Disable Downloading of files from the net based on users
- Enable/Disable USB devices/CDroms
- Ability assign bandwidth per customer
- Ability to display the programs i want the customer to use
- Ability to enable / disable printing on the fly or during customer session
- When customers logout from their profile in the client pcs, their profiles need to be stored , like their history, any open browsers , files etc.
The complete admin management should be from a php web interface and probably be stored in mySQL
I want the clients to be connected to the above server to get the customers profiles and their settings and time plan.
On the login page, i need the customer to have choose a LINUX Theme or a Windows XP Theme.
The Windows XP themes should look 100% Windows XP lookalike , i saw some on the net, which i was impressed it
[url removed, login to view]
the reason being is that customers who dont know linux , can still come and use the net and other facilities. so the XP theme should look 100% like it.
The Client should have the following softwares installed by default(but controlled by the server, on what to be allowed)
- Skype for Linux
- MS office through Wine
- MSN Messenger through Wine
- Yahoo Messenger through Wine
- Card Games like solitaire for linux
- Calculator or notepad utilities
- Antivirus for Linux
The Client side should have a timer , showing how much time is left and should warn the user when 10 mins is left for his session.
1. im not concern on any distribution of linux as long as i dont have to pay for the licenses.
2. Once the job is done the admin server and client has to be compiled into 2 different ISOs with the OS embedded so that i can easily install them.
3. im stressing that the Windows XP theme should be mimicked closed to 100%, that normal xp users dont find a major difference.
4. the web interface should be easy to use in the admin area, to manage users etc
5. currently the client pcs are 5, but i should be easily add more pcs to this setup.
6. complete documentation on what is done, in case my local IT team needs to manage this.
The reason im doing this, is the headache involved in my windows licensing and the headache of updates and viruses
4 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $688 untuk pekerjaan ini
I am bidding half for making the client installation, and half for the server installation. I am considering a thin client solution with virtual machines on the server... Sincerely, Jeremy