Given an Excel spreadsheet with three types of cells:
2. Cells with numbers or text
3. Cells with single functions calls in them (calls into either Excel built-in functions or user-defined functions)
where the cells with functions are simple (have no operators in them)
Generate source code, and automatically compile it, (which can use a respected 3rd-party grid control if desired), which, when compiled, creates an executable program which will operate the same as the spreadsheet. This means the look and feel is the same as using Excel, the users can navigate to cells and across sheets, and go into cells of type 2 above and type in numbers or text, and hit F9 to have the cells of type 3 perform calculations by calling into dll routines defined for each built-in or user-defined function. Each input cell of type 2 above will have the same data validation that is defined in Excel. All formatting of the original spreadsheet will be preserved.
For example, cell A5 may not contain the formula =A4*10, which requires parsing, but it may contain =MYFUNC(A1,A3,20) where MYFUNC will be provided in another DLL.
This project will be invoked from within Excel, so it can start as a VBA macro, but all the working code must be in either C or standalone VB, so that the algorithms remain proprietary. In other words, VBA cannot be used beyond the initialization routine, since there is no way to truly password protect it).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Code generator to run inside Microsoft Excel 97 or later on Windows 98 or later, resultant exe to run on Windows 98 or later.