This project allows registered users to post messages to their Twitter account(s) either instantly or post to those accounts on a set schedule. It also allows users to view their past and future tweets, and those of users they are following, and their followers.
The application is based on the popular Yii framework for PHP using a MySQL database. The project will be delivered with the appropriate open source code. All code must be accessible. A hosted demonstration environment will be provided along with cPanel / FTP / DB access for easy development and demonstration. Twitter OAuth settings will be provided.
The User Story
- A user reaches the website and are prompted to login. The user may login using their existing credentials (Yii framework users) or they can create an account. Accounts can also be created by users logging in using their Facebook or Twitter Accounts. If a user has a local (Yii) account, they can retrieve their password via an email reminder.
- Once logged into the web application, users have the ability to maintain their numerous Twitter accounts to their profile. When adding their twitter accounts to their profile, they will be providing the associated Twitter application permission to write to their Twitter accounts (Twitter OAuth settings will be provided to accepted developer). Users can add, delete, and modify their associated Twitter accounts (CRUD). Users must define one of these accounts as their "primary" account. There can be only one primary account.
- With a complete profile created (at least one Twitter account) users can create Tweets. When users create tweets, they can tweet to any of their Twitter accounts at any one time. IE: if users have more than one Twitter account, they can click a check box next to each of these accounts and the Tweet will be posted to all checked accounts.
- Users have the ability to post their Tweets immediately or select a time and date from a calendar entry allowing them to schedule their tweets. Scheduled Tweets will be posted only at the time and date they are scheduled for.
- After logging into account, on the main console, users are shown the Tweet screen allowing them to Tweet content and they are also shown a list of the tweets from accounts they are following with their "primary" account. Users can re-tweet content directly from this list.
- Also on the main console, users can see their own past Tweets, scheduled Tweets, posts from people they are following, and a list of people following their primary account.