A client has asked for an application that will manage information about presidents. They have a database containing their data, but have contracted with you to develop the user interface, and necessary reports.
File (attached) contains the following information:
• Number of the presidential term
• First name(s) and last name of the president
• Birth year
• Death year (empty if still alive)
• Political party (separated by slash if more than one)
• First year of term
• Last year of term (note terms vary from one year to many)
• Vice president(s) (separated by slash if more than one, can be empty, runs to end of line)
This assignment contains several parts:
1. Design a main form with proper navigation. It should contain a window for displaying a report (text box with the multiline property set to true is fine here). It should allow for the selection of which report to run, and provide for a way to run the selected report. I need the two below to run (A & F) in this report from the list below, but the design should allow for the addition of other reports in the future. This main form should also contain a method to navigate to the data maintenance form.
2. Design a data maintenance form that allows users to view, edit, insert and delete entries about presidents. This form should contain controls displaying each data value about presidents. This form should contain navigation buttons to advance one record, back up one record, advance to the last record, move to the first record.
List of Possible reports
A. List, alphabetically, all presidents alive in 1920
F. Which presidents might have served in the civil war (over 13 Years old, 1861 to 1865)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).