This deliverable involves creating product listing pages where customers are able to view and browse products by category, using PHP for an E-commerce site complete with its database. Specifics:
• Must be able to browse products
• Must be able to view detailed product information, including images.
• Must include category listings (tiered listing) of products, but, don't have to search per se... yet
• All database connectivity, retrievals, etc. should be built in to a class, called a database wrapper class with:
o Constructor which connects to the server
o Variables for the server, username, password, port, database name, etc.
o Functional needs: Close connection, Query function (what would it return? Think about links), fetch function (each row or all rows?), count rows function, update function, insert function, etc.
Continue to enhance the E-commerce site by adding some customer friendly features. Those features include:
• Featured Product/What's New Section on the homepage
• Search feature for product listings
• Real-Time filtering of search results (search within results, price range, etc)
• Product Ratings system
Search needs to be an AJAX-based search facility, and specifically needs to use a smart search facility with a drop down search completion, e.g. one used at [url removed, login to view] now.
Creating the shopping cart application where customers can add products to their cart. Specifically, the cart should:
• Allow for the addition of a product to the cart
• Be able to change the quantities of items in the cart
• Be able to delete an item from the shopping cart
• Allow a customer to continue browsing, or shopping, while retaining the information in the cart
• Place a shopping cart link/info bar with the number of items/total price displayed on all pages of your site (within the template).
• The removal and editing of item quantities in the cart should be AJAX-driven.
Adding a feature to the site template and also adding some additional functionality to the product-listing page. Specifically:
• Adding the ability to sort the product listing and search results pages by manufacturer, price (Asc/Desc), title using jQuery.
• Adding a quick view feature to your product thumbnails (e.g. in [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view])
• Each of the products should support photo galleries
• Use a shadow box to display full size product photos
This is creating the customer checkout pages where customers will be able to checkout with the products that are in their PHP-based shopping cart. Specifically, the checkout process should allow customers to:
• Be able to enter their name, shipping address, and billing address
• Be able to set up a username/password
• Be able to see a summary of their order including the shipping method & cost (for shipping and the overall purchase)
• Be able to enter payment method and pay for their order through PayPal
o [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]
• If they are a return customer, they should be presented with the option of using previously entered information or creating new addresses, payments, etc.
This will be adding a customer account (My Account) page to the site so that a user may login, see all of their past orders and obtain tracking information about an order. They must have a valid account before proceeding to this page, but also should be prompted to create an account if they do not have one.
This deliverable is for adding additional functionality to the E-Commerce site. Creating an administrative interface for the site. Specifically, the admin side of the site should:
• Show Inventory Tracking - # of individual products on hand v. # of those products sold
• Be able to add new items to inventory
• Be able to add new categories to the inventory
• Be able to specify featured products
• Inventory Management - Ability to update the quantities for any