We need a video website similar to youtube to support several teams of athletes and give users the ability to post video and photos from their competitions, and add up to 5-star rankings to the videos. We would like to start with three sports for now and have the option to expand and add more sports in the future.
Most important icon tabs are the 'Sport 1,' 'Sport 2,' and 'Sport 3' icons which we'd like to have pictures as icons. Note there should also at least be a 'Profile' Icon intended for users to log-in or add new profiles and register on the site. This should be done in the sleekest way possible, such as using a drop-down menu. When users scroll over the icons, the sport name should be revealed in text or indicated directly below. The goal is to have a stimulating visual effect as can be seen on the photo icons here: [url removed, login to view]
The site requires the following organization and is not difficult:
- Within the homepage of this sports video site, users need to indicate their sport of interest.
- The site needs to then filter photo and video content specific to that chosen sport.
- Users should then see a chronologically organized listing of recent and upcoming competitions (Such as 'NY State Championships,' 'New Englands,' 'Regionals,' etc., followed by the dates indicating when each took place).
- Users should then see a subdivision under those competitions for males and females. Choosing one means filtering all male competition content or female.
- Users should see a further subdivision of age groups which will then require a final subdivision of weight classes, requiring similar filtering capabilities for users to seek videos of the age and weight division specific content.
- Users must have the ability to add content under whichever weight division they'd like.
- Users should also be able to rate videos and comment on them.
- Videos will be footage of two athletes competing against one another. It is preferable that each video be titled 'ATHLETE'S NAME vs. ATHLETE'S NAME, 81KG - NY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.' In other words, listing both of their names followed by their weight category and the event name. This is not incredibly important but preferred to maintain site consistency.
- Users must have the ability to send response videos to other users.
- Users should be able to email and post videos onto facebook.
- Users should have the ability to create individual profiles with a picture next to their usernames. The profiles are intended for them to congregate videos of their choice easily, resembling youtube's user capabilities only with a more professional layout. Their profiles should have text boxes enabling for them to list awards, honors, win-loss records, and athlete statistics, brief personal information, current training facility and coach information/address, contact info, etc.. Not much is required here, just a few categories and a neat layout.
---ADMIN/FINAL SHORT NOTES---
- Back-end Admin should have control of site, able to edit content and moderate the site.
- Videos will be no longer than 10-15 minutes long and likely average around 5-8 minutes.
If there are any errors or bugs, payment will not be made until after they are fixed. Please demonstrate what the project will look like by offering similar projects you have completed that demonstrate your abilities appropriately. Please respond stating that you understand the project completely.
Thank you for your time and attention.
PLEASE IGNORE THE OLD DESCRIPTION
PLEASE READ NEW PROJECT DESCRIPTION HERE BELOW:
Create a Social Network for Trainer/Coaches. There will be a basic layout for users to choose their sports, search through trainer/coach profiles, and connect with them upon registering on the site. There will be no extra wasteful pages necessary and this must be as basic as possible. This will help make the template simple to complete and more efficient.
Upon entrance to the site on the left most column of the page offers a vertical list of all sports/event names.
Correlating directly right of the sports column is a column for trainer/coach profiles. These profiles correlate directly with each sport they represent and must be neatly laid out. I have basic power point designs if they are helpful to get an understanding of site organization.
When users register for the site, they are creating profiles. This process must not be too tasking. The site must ask different questions for different sports users. They will have the option to choose if they are trainers, coaches, athletes or sport geeks. Registrants have the ability to post up their credentials, bio, resume upload, headshot and add events to their "Productivity Timeline." On this timeline, they can add photo/video content.
On their profile, users will see their headshot, name, sport, sports team or clubs. Below that professional content will be a rating system for others to rate and review them. This feature must be similar to that on ratemyprofessors.com only with different content. Below this rating & review feature will be a "Productivity Timeline" for users to post up activities they have taken part in which are significant to them. On this timeline, they can post up photos and videos as well. Each event must be organized in chronological order so that their most recent events appear at the top of the timeline.
Filter by Location:
Users must have the ability to filter profiles by location, similar to how 'Yelp' allows users to enter zip code, address, city, and find the closest advertised results to that location. Profiles should appear in order of the users with the highest rankings first for that given city. I also want this feature to be in the top right corner of the page just like yelp's organization.
A crucial feature of the site is the manner that users contact one another. They must be able to network their connections just like they could on a linkedin or facebook account, by requesting to add connections and so forth. When sending messages to one another, trainers/coaches should have the ability to message all "College Baseball Coaches," all "High School Coaches," etc., etc.. This is why when they register through the site, they must select what kind of coach they are, ie a college coach, high school coach, community coach, etc. so that we can organize mass-messaging capabilities more easily down the line very similar to sending messages to entire groups on facebook or gmail. This messaging ability must be possible for coaches to communicate to one another within each individual sport and only to those they have added as connections (connections/friends/colleagues, etc).
It is important to have good communication so that we can accomplish this efficiently. I need either a website or just a template for this site and can fill in the basic information and content on my own. Please communicate succinctly.
Respond by indicating:
-How long will it take to complete the template?
-What is your time zone?
-What resources will you use to create the template?
-When will you respond to revisions/emails?
If you do not answer those questions directly, you will not be contacted and please do not bid.