PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT
* We need to have a couple of websites redesigned and engineered, as what we currently have is getting too big, messy, unprofessional, etc. Here are the main portals of the projects that need redesign:
1) website [url removed, login to view] (main website, shows up in search engines)
The main website is the entry point for all new users or people curious about the project. Users who have cacaoweb installed on their machine should be redirected to http://127.0.0.1:4001/ (cacaoweb interface) instead of staying on the [url removed, login to view] page. That's because otherwise it's hard for users to get access to their cacaoweb interface. (However, users who have cacaoweb installed AND need to get general information about the project have no clear way of getting this information, as they will be redirected to their cacaoweb interface whenever they hit [url removed, login to view])
The goal of this website is
- to provide a way for users to download the cacaoweb application, with the following constraints
* the download process has to work for all operating system
at the moment if you type "cacaoweb" in [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view] , you end up with third party websites offering to download cacaoweb, most of them wrap it in their own malware! This situation has to end to protect our users and the project itself. [url removed, login to view] has to be the obvious and first place to download cacaoweb.
we'll probably need something like [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view] , etc.
* works for all browsers, including IE6
- to provide quick links so users can access documentation, legal infos, company info, etc.
basically we just need a footer with all these links, like on all professional websites. At the moment we don't have anything clean and simple like that, it's just pretty random and messy.
- pages like company infos, etc. need to be here so third parties, press and other people can get information about the project (these people don't care about downloading the software). The pages need to look professional, however we don't really care about what's in it, it has to be here just to look good, not to provide really useful info, again the goal of the portal is primarily to offer a download platform for cacaoweb.
To sum up, the portal should be simple, with an obvious download button and quick presentation of what users can do with cacaoweb. Users who need more than that will scroll down to the footer and get what they want. The footer should be exhaustive.
But because it has to be multilingual and have quite a lot of pages (even though the only important part is the Download button, there will be lots of pages in the websites like legal infos, company infos, etc.), it will probably need to be made on some CMS.
2) website [url removed, login to view]
This is a website to gather all documentation under one unified portal.
The main documentation points are:
- documentation for uploaders. At the moment the documentation is sparse and unstructured. Lots of features are undocumented. A large part of the documentation is within the uploaders interface itself (at [url removed, login to view] ), which is good but not enough and incomplete.
- documentation for users. Minimal documentation and information about cacaoweb has to be provided to users and