Requirement is for a website to be professionally built and maintained offering a lot of "one stop shop" to enthusiasts of MG Cars.
An existing "DIY" (using PHP and mySQL) website [url removed, login to view] (with a more recently updated beta version [url removed, login to view]) can be used as the starting point (i.e. prototype).
Detailed requirements include:
• Members MG car gallery
• MG Sales brochures and Adverts archive
• MG Books
• Member functionality (new user registration, add MG car to virtual “garage”, upload and manage images/video posts)
• Integration with social networks Twitter, Facebook, etc
• Integration with eBay, Amazon, and Google to earn revenue from click-throughs.
• Ability for users to post messages to a discussion forum, “ask an expert” where members earn points for answers, with users able to rate answers
• Ability for users to add events and locations to an MG event calendar (rallies, autojumbles, etc)
• Ability for users to create and manage classified adverts
• Ability to users to view/post journal articles (e.g. restorations, technical articles) – including a workflow likely a review process required prior to publishing
• Ability for users to create their own “micro-site” allowing users to arrange images, blogs, events, etc
• Ability for certain users to create their own “MG Shop” allowing them to sell items through sales, auctions, etc
Potentially this could be delivered through CMS, however there would be specific functionality that may not be available and have to be built as modules.