Please DO NOT BID UNLESS you have reviewed the whole posting.
NEEDED: Website Developer and Designer - Develop both Front & Back End
Project: Develop New Highly Dynamic Website: AJAX, PHP, MySql, Linux, CMS, Custom Design
Site Launch Date (GoLive): August 1, 2012
Site Development Phase: 2 Months (Complete by June 30)
Site Testing Phase: 1 Month (Complete by July 31)
Total Budget: $9,000 - $12,000
* Develop both the Front & Back End
* Developer must live/work in the New York/New Jersey Area
* 4/21 or 4/22 - Meet for an in person discussion/interview (New York City - Uptown)
* Meet in person 2-3 times a week - incl. some weekends (New York City - Uptown)
FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT/WEBSITE DEMO/PROTOTYPE
* For the Prototype, I have built the entire website (pages, popups, databases, links, aesthetics, layout, Google Ads sections, etc) in Excel. Using VBA and macros, I built the Prototype to be an almost exact match of the future Live Website and the functionalities that will be on the Live site. The Functional Requirements Document includes a detailed walk-through of every click.
The site will be a social networking platform that allows financial market investors to interact, collaborate and get feedback from other investors on stocks and market related information. Users will post stock related comments or questions in real time and ask other members to vote (i.e. good buy? a sell? etc). Thousands of users can post listings simultaneously, get votes in real time and all users can see total provided votes in real time - so site must be scalable.
Scalability + Dynamic + SEO + Performance + AJAX + PHP + Security are always in mind.
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
This site will be similar to ProofTrader and StockTwits in a way; but on a smaller scale.
Website will be hosted by InMotion Hosting (VPS Package).
* ~ 18 Pages (approx. 7 Custom Design Templates)
* ~ 15 PopUps (Opens as a direct result of User action)
* ~ 9 Databases
* ~ 10 Third party widgets/gadgets to be integrated with the website
The landing page will showcase what the website is about, who is using it, how the site works and invite visitors to explore further. From a functionality perspective, our home page will be very similar to the landing page for www.zaarly.com. For example: on the Zaarly landing page, Users can click on the WHO IS USING IT link and view that information right on the landing page. Our landing page will be very similar in nature.
Request Vote Page
This page will have an interactive form where a User can enter information and submit for other Users to vote on. While they are entering information into this form, there will be a scripted auto-populating section on that same page that will show similar requests that have been listed in the past.
This will be the most interactive, dynamic, database driven, PHP/AJAX related part of the website. Most of the action on this page will be database supported, where the main database will pull information from multiple databases, take each User action into account and generate total tally of votes in real time – and do this simultaneously for hundreds or thousands of listings. Data will be sent to and retrieved from server asynchronously.
Each voting page will have 6 listings. Each listing will have its own section/box (just like a table with each listing taking up a row). The most recent listings will also go on the top. On the right of each listing will be a chart from the wikinvest plugin. This plugin will be integrated to the website and will show up for each listed stock ([url removed, login to view]). This chart will show current stock price and other information for the listed stock
Each user that votes and comments on a listing