What we're looking for:
* The developers need to be experts in developing high quality software. Part of the work will be adding performance optimizations, and new features to the existing codebase.
* Programmer needs to be able to code new features quickly but without using hacks, responsive and autonomous but able to work closely with me.
* They need to be able to make wise architecture decisions to keep the product maintainable in the long run, and to independently keep abreast of best practices to be able to integrate new techniques into their work as the technology evolves.
* PHP/MySQL application developer
* Must be detail-oriented!
* Must be expert in AJAX
* Experience working on substantial projects with the following technologies:
o Large database design
o Object-oriented design
o Unit testing
o CSS, DHTML, AJAX
* Must have formal computer science degree.
* Experience with high availability systems is a plus.
Our site is comprised of:
* PHP-based custom CMS
* E-commerce using PayPal, Amazon and Google Checkout
* 500,000 members with portfolios on the system
* A lot of AJAX and DHTML to improve usability and look & feel
* Lots of CSS
* The site has perhaps 30 main interface screens
* We need you to also use [url removed, login to view]
* The site is mission-critical, so we can't have mistakes
We are happy to provide permanent employment with great bonuses and benefits. We make a real effort to be good to the people who have worked for us.
We'd want to pick someone who enjoys programming and would want to continue working for the long-term.
We can pay one or twice monthly, it's up to you. We do not pay our employees up-front.
Please include your resume and a note to us, and state whether you are working freelance from home or if you are a company. (Note: we ask that you please do NOT contact us unless you can provide what we specified above -- we will and do test coders.)
Let us know your hourly rate for full-time work (we are mostly choosing based on hourly rate) and if you have other clients.
php, css, dhtml, ajax, mysql, database-design, object-oriented-design, computer-science, custom-cms, paypal