My company requires the development of a portable software program and accompanying website solution. The program will allow files to be downloaded to
and read from a normal 256 MB USB KEY. The most important part of this project is that once a file is downloaded to the USB KEY it cannot transferred to any other device. The website portion is where the files can be uploaded to a database and then downloaded directly to the USB drives set up with the portable software. Each download must be tracked and viewed by user accounts. For a better understanding of the requirements I have provided a definition of portable software:
1. Not require any kind of formal installation onto a computer's permanent storage device to be executed, and can be stored on a removable storage device such as USB flash drive, enabling it to be used on multiple computers.
2. Settings are stored with, and can be carried around with, the software (i.e., they are written to the USB drive). If the registry is used to store settings, the application's configuration isn't portable, and must be set up on every PC it is used on
3. Leaves a zero (or near-zero) "footprint" on any PC it's run on after being used. i.e., All temporary files/registry settings should be removed once the program has exited, and files created by the user can be saved directly to the same removable media as the application is stored on.
4. It must run with guest access rights
5. Compensate for usb drive letter changes
6. It must run on older versions of Windows, as well as linux and Mac systems
7. It must not have any coupling with IE, Firefox, audio/video codecs, DirectX etc.
Phase 1: Portable Software Development:
We are looking for portable software that will:
1) Allow users to read PDF files from a USB key using only the reader provided within the portable software on the USB key.
2) We require that the reader allow the user to view the PDF without the ability to copy or save it to the host drive.
3) The portable software must include on the fly encryption and decryption similar to private disks functionality.
4) The software must be compatible with windows 95 and up, as well as MAC and linux systems.
Phase 2: Website component
The website that will interface with the portable software and USB drive must include:
1) Login, account and database interface for file uploading parties to complete batch uploads.
2) Login, account and database interface for file downloading parties to pay for each download and track their usage of each file.
3) File request system allowing file downloaders to send email request to a specific uploader for a file to be put on the system so it can be downloaded. The request must include a link the uploader can click on to complete the upload and sign up, if not already a member.
4) A file can only be downloaded from the system to a USB drive with the portable software component installed on it.
5) The system needs a corporate clean look that is easy to navigate to both uploaders and downloaders.
If you can meet these requirements please send a basic outline how you would complete both phases of the project (programming language used, development strategy, past experience etc.), the budget broken down into the two phases, and the estimated time of completion for the project.
The first payment is at the start of the project, second on delivery of beta system, third after successful trial of full system. The fourth payment will be paid after 1 month of a successful operation of the system.
I need this project completed by May 1st
6 freelancers are bidding on average $8167 for this job
Hi We understood your details are ready to work on it. We assure you satisfaction with a combination of excellence and creativity. Seeking to serve you with QUALITY. Have a nice day