I am the IT manager for an acupuncture school in the United States. We also have a professional acupuncture practice on site, where our senior instructors practice. I am a software QA engineer project manager. I will provide formal, specific requirements and use cases once a bidder is selected. I will work closely with the developer throughout the project to ensure the code is thoroughly documented, and that it meets all of the given requirements.
Below is a very rough outline of our minimum requirements. We are open to recommendations for other tools and/or services. We want everything to be on the LAMP platform optimized for Mozilla Firefox, built using OSS tools; specifically we are interested in Joomla, poMMo, phpProjekt, and b2evolution. We plan to use HostPapa hosting, with an SSL certificate from GoDaddy.com. We are willing to host our own internal Linux server, to complement our web hosting, but would prefer everything hosted off-site.
We would like our employees to be able to access the private portions of our tools via SSL from any Internet conection, and to have SSL privacy in place where relevant for teachers, students and patients accessing the website/intranet/extranet.
We will give preferential consideration to those located in the United States or Puerto Rico, or family of US military living on or near a foreign base (for instance Guam). Besides that, cost is our major concern. We need a good English speaker who is accessible by telephone, preferably for at least a portion of business hours in the US Central Time Zone. Please submit work samples and references.
Keep in mind that we will be using TaoMedic's TaoClinic Professional at [url removed, login to view] for our Practice Management software. We consider any expertise in that area, especially if you can offer integration into this project, of great value. Otherwise we expect that we'll have to export reports from TaoMedic and somehow import them into our other systems
Phase One, to be launched by mid-March:
Joomla should be used as the basis for this item.
A public website, including a new look-and-feel. The bid should include the cost of submitting 3-5 choices for the look-and-feel, and allowing us to approve one of those choices & have 2-3 rounds of modifications to come up with a final decision. The site should be designed with plenty of SEO keywords; specifically, when people Google for 'acupuncture school' or 'college' and our city or state, our site should be listed as close to first as possible. (We will likely pay separately for SEO after the launch, if necessary.)
These are the basic pages we'd like to start with, but of course we want to be able to add/remove pages using Joomla as well:
* News – b2evolution blog page, extensible to multiple sub-pages for multiple bloggers
* micro-site for Prospective Students, including form to request info via email &/or post, which feeds into poMMo
* micro-site for Prospective Clients, including form to request info via email &/or post, which feeds into poMMO
* corresponding back-end to manage multiple email lists using poMMo – students (potential, current, alumni); patients (potential, current, lapsed); pr/media; etc.
The basis for this item should be phpProjekt, or some type of academic / class management tool such as Focus SIS.
Set up an Intranet to allow school staff to register students, & set up class schedules. Set up and maintain professor home pages, including ability to enter students' grades for completed assignments and classes.
Corresponding extranet for students of the school.
* Register for classes
* Print schedules (Export to Gmail or PIM?)
* See grades, payment & registration status, etc.
* Print unofficial transcripts.
* See professor home pages, with blogging, file postings, and grade postings.
Phase 2: This phase will be a separate project, starting after Phase 1 is complete and has been running successfully for 2-3 months. Please just give a ballpark figure for this phase. If we're satisfied with your work on Phase 1, we'll want to work with you on this as well.
* Add a Freeway (or osCommerce) eCommerce site, for use as a Cashier's office for students, & a Bookstore for the public
* Create an online Admissions & Records office, which renders every page using SSL. Students can apply, print unofficial transcripts, request transcripts & diploma copies, etc.
* Add E-learning app to student extranet (something like Claroline, Segue, LogiCampus, or Wordcircle)
* Add Dolphin community to public site
* Add LimeSurvey to our site? We currently use [url removed, login to view] but will consider moving this over to our own host, using the LimeSurvey application, if you can use that to offer tighter integration with the existing systems.
* Marketing database, integrating data from students, patients, surveys, website visitors, etc., allowing us to send out email and postal mail newsletters, including easy printing of postal mailing labels. We hope most of this can be added or integrated into phpProjekt &/or LimeSurvey.
* TaoClinic integration. We'll have more specifics on TaoClinic's exporting capabilities as we implement it over the next few months.
For Item Two, we'd also consider:
Also, we want the 'look and feel' to be setup so that it's easily replaceable across the public & private sites; specifically, we want all the images in a single folder, so that we can easily update the look and feel by simply uploading different images using the existing filenames.
Please note that I had to choose the budget category "$3000 or more"; I realize that $3K isn't enough to cover all this. Please bid accordingly, with the bid based on completion of the stated goals (not hourly).
I made this a featured project so you won't have to pay 10% of the bid price, and because I'm looking for a long-term partner for this site.