The Travel Planner
I recommend reviewing the PDF file “Graphical representation of Itinerary Planner (12-Aug-09) while reading this outline otherwise this will seem very confusing.
The Travel Planner’s purpose is to motivate a client to either (1) combine hotel and rent-a-car into a self planned package or (2) encourage visitors to book one of the advertised Hotel and Rent-a-Car packages. This application will be designed for our new website [url removed, login to view]
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!!! This project must be completed within the time in proposed in your bid...so please ask me questions so that we have a win / win transaction.
The Travel Planner will allow clients to plan their day-by-day itinerary by following these steps:
1. Day – This is the start of the itinerary. By default this day will be set to “1”, the proceeding days will be determined by the dates selected for travel and the length of stay at each “leg” of the journey [Please ask me questions if clarification is needed].
2. Select the location – This is the beginning leg of each route; On Day “1” this is most likely client’s arrival in Costa Rica. 99 percent of our clients arrive either in San Jose or Liberia (the two international airports)
3. The destination for that day- this is where the client will spend the night. If the client arrives in San Jose and decides to stay in San Jose than the destination is the same (and therefore the option “same location” should be listed as default; if, however the destination is another location (the Arenal Volcano, for examples), then this location also becomes the next day’s start location (see step 2)
The application then retrieves the Distance from our Map Database (already in existence, but needs to be integrated) and displays the Distance and Time stats, and the route (already drawn but needs integrated from a Database).
4. Once the Destination location has been selected, a list of corresponding Hotels (linked from a our MYsgl database) will be displayed via a drop down box
5. The arrival (check in) and departure (check out) dates should be selected, along with the number of nights you like to stay at that location. The client can either select the number of nights by selecting a number from 1-10 (nights) and the departure date automatically displays the departure (check out) dates OR the client selected the departure date and the number of nights are calculated. For example, if the client arrives in “San Jose” and selects “Arenal” as a destination, next chooses “Monday, April 24, 2010” as the arrival (or check in) date, and then selects “2” nights, the departure date should automatically adjust to Wednesday, April 26, 2010” as the departure (or check-out) date. IF however, the client selected “Wednesday, April 26, 2010” as the departure (or check-out) date, the number of nights should display “2”. These two fields are mutually exclusive; one must either select one or the other.
The visitor then repeats completing this information until the last day of their Costa Rica stay. Important to consider is that the first field (the “Day” field), will adjust to the number of nights selected for the destination. For example, in the previous example, if the check out is 2 nights after the “Day” adjust automatically to Day “3”. [please email questions if clarification is needed ]
The Planner will keep a running total of (1) Total number of Nights and Days of the itinerary (2) Total driving distance and should allow clients to print their itinerary (with Google Route Map) as a PDF or save it.
In addition, the travel budget will provide an estimate for (1) Accommodation and (2) Rent-a-Car costs, and tabulate the cost based on the number of travelers selected from a drop down box
26 freelancers are bidding on average $748 for this job
If you are looking for a serious provider, and this budget it's not a problem for you, let me know. Look to my reviews, i like to work on big projects only and with a long term relationship. thank you
Hello I have read all the details and exactly understands the travel planner system. I can give u a very good solution for this. Please contact me Regards Umer
I have read all the details and exactly understood the travel system. I am aware of this concept well, as i recently designed same type of project, I can share my work please let me know.