I am looking for a community website that will be very simplistic in most ways but have several complex wrinkles that require a designer that is multi-talented.
Additionally, this site will eventually be a commerce site and there will be ongoing development. For this reason, it is important that the selected bidder be someone that we can work within an ongoing relationship.
BEFORE BIDDING PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SPECS. I don’t want generic bids that are auto-submitted.
Requirements are as follows:
1. Visitors should have to register once, and only once, and follow a fairly standard registration process. Registration criteria is as follows;
a. Personal Info (Name, Address, e-mail)
b. User Name
c. Important Dates
d. More information will be provided to the winning bidder
2. After Registration, user should have a “my account” type of page which shows the information entered above and additional sections which can be updated/customized. Additionally, after log-in, the user should end up on this page. It is important that cookies or something else be used so that the user is able to start on this page without logging in each time
3. After Registration, the user should have the option to e-mail his profile to any e-mail addresses that they designate. (Would like them to be automatically redirected to this tool after registration and also have it as an available tool to be used any time in the “my account page”)
4. My accounts page – specific requirements
a. Again, the profile information should be listed.
b. The ability to add others via e-mail – send them a profile
c. Friends listing –The ability to add friends to their profile and to have others add the user to their profile
d. Important dates – Should show the users dates as well as the dates of those that are friends
e. My Links – show pages that the user has marked. (This is a potential are of complexity – want some way for the user to add links easily as they are online…possibly a toolbar)
f. Templates to customize the profile look and feel
- Ability to upload custom graphics (background & main image)
- Ability to choose custom colors
5. Page Design – Pages should be laid out in a way that allows for banners/advertising per page. All “design” work is meant to only get the information into the correct areas. Actual page design (graphics, look and feel, will be created/maintained by us)
6. Search tool – Search by user name, last name / first name
7. Password reminder – sent to email on record
8. Back Office – Blast e-mail functionality, Important notices able to be added to all user pages, able to cancel/suspend users, basic reporting (number of users…)
The site will have roughly 10 pages. The following are pages that will likely be required Home, Register, My account, Featured, About Us, How it works, Contact Us, Search, and others.
Again, the actual design elements will be completed by us but we will need all of the database features tied into these pages.