I like hiring freelancers. I'm tired, though, of finding designers who either design a nice looking page but can't edit their own imageready or dreamweaver code, or who build great standards-compliant code who can't design worth a lick.
I'm an easy guy to work for. I have tons of work available. I pay with paypal instantly when the work is done. And I have a customer who sends me so much work I could easily keep several people busy every week, all year long, with work.
What I need: a PROFESSIONAL designer who compares their work to big-time agency work. High-concept stuff which is also SE-friendly. I need people who can work quickly and can crank stuff out on a moment's notice. I have great programmers and developers who can help drop great looking designs into Wordpress templates or other CMS'. I just need GREAT DESIGN, designers who can help me with what my company does best: we're fast, we're GOOD, and we're also cheap.
It's a very tough combo to make happen, but we do it, and as a result we're overflowing with work. You might get paid anywhere from $100-$300 for an evening's work -- that might be an hour, it might be five.
The era of charging $1-$2k for a simple static website is over. You can hustle all month long trying to get those jobs here and there, or you can just get to work and start making money every day. My company charges great rates, and we do good work, so we don't spend any time advertising or hustling for jobs. We only do work that we get paid for.
I'm quite certain that for the right designer I could be paypal-ing you $2k-$4k per month for mostly easy jobs. All you have to do is be able to come up with great, original designs which are search-engine friendly.
So WHERE IS this designer? And where are his or her friends? I want to speak to you. Today.
1) You must be able to use CSS. No table-based designs. That's so 1999.
2) Don't give me chunks of imageready code. I need good code when you're done with a page. If you want to concept only, we can talk about that, but if I have to pay someone else to cut up your designs it will cut down what I can afford to pay you.
3) You must be able to use PHP includes. BASIC stuff here, folks. We need the header, footer, and nav for our sites to be placed inside includes so we can easily edit them later.
4) We're looking for a designer who designs appropriately to the site at hand. Many of our customers sell cool products. Some don't. We don't want the grunge band look for the local landscaper's website, for example.
5) I MUST be able to see LIVE EXAMPLES of your work and code. If you don't have a portfolio I can see right off the bat, please don't contact me.
6) You must want LOTS OF WORK and have GREAT COMMUNICATION. Located in India? Romania? No problem. But you MUST be reliable with your communication, and you have to be pretty reasonably good with your English.
I want to hear from you. I look forward to seeing your post. I will be checking in daily.