I like to help people by showing them how to pay off debts faster & save $.
Traditional payoff schedule shows:
Interest$ = Bal * %Rate / 12
Example $50k at 7.625%
____ Beg Debt_ __Pmt__ _______ __End
Date _Balance_ _Amount Interest$ _Balance
1/28 $50,000.00 $353.90 $317.71 $49,963.81
2/28 $49,963.81 $353.90 $317.48 $49,927.39
3/28 $49,927.39 $353.90 $317.25 $49,890.74
Most common debt is a home mortgage.
Credit cards,etc allow adding new chgs to the beg or end balance.
Project: create routine to create & deal with modified version of a traditional payoff schedule by applying several strategies to payoff debts faster.
How to apply Strategies will be provided.
Routine needs to perform:
Generate Report for Scenario as of date,
Generate Comparison rpt between any 2 Scenarios on any 2 dates,
Update debt bill table,
2. Action parameters:
Adjustments to input parameters.
Adjustments can also be from table or special Scenario
Input to routine
(some parameters are passed, some are from tables):
1. debt table (Date,Bal,Int Rate,Pmt,etc.)
2. Parameters (Options that control rpt):
Bill Consolidation (Y/N),
Levels of Detail (Summary,etc.),
# non-debt bills,
Routine must be callable from webpage & by other means like an executable, etc.
Reports for use with People I want to help & also to let existing people I helped know how they’re doing.
For some reports I have a plain text version. Project includes bringing the look/feel up-to-speed with technology so that they look great & are easily understandable by a 4th grader.
For some reports contents will be stated in terms of the goals for that report. The rest will need to be designed.
Thank You for your interest,
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables): a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment. >b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) This project is to create a routine to create and deal with a modified version of a traditional payoff schedule by applying several "strategies" to help someone payoff there debts faster than they would using a traditional payoff schedule.
How to apply specific strategies (including Retirement Fund) will be provided. The routine needs to perform the following Actions/Instructions:
1. Actions: Generate Report for given "Report Scenario" as of a date, Generate Comparison report between any "Report Scenario" on one date and any "Report Scenario" on another date, Update debt bill table, etc.
2. Action parameters: Adjustments to pre-existing input parameters. Adjustments can also be from a table or from a special Report Scenario Input to the routine (some via passed parameters, some parameters & data from tables):
A. "Report Scenario" data:
1. a table of debts with debt related information Date, Balance, Interest Rate, Payment, etc.
2. Report Parameters (Various report options that control the report): Examples are: Use Bill Consolidation Option (Y/N), Additional money/month, Levels of Detail (Summary,Detail,etc.), Selected strategies, etc.
3. Data: The # of additional non-debt bills, Home Value, etc. B. etc. The routine must be callable from a webpage and by other methods such as a separate executable, DLL, etc.
Reports are for use with People I want to help and also to let existing people I've helped to know how they are doing. For some reports (i.e. Generate Report action) I have put together a plain text format as to what to include initially.
The project includes bringing the look/feel of these reports up-to-speed with today's technology so that they look great and are easily understandable by a fourth grader.
Some of the format and even content may need to be changed to accomplish this. For some reports (Generate Comparison report between "Report Scenarios" action, etc.) the contents of these reports will be stated in terms of the goals for that report. The rest will need to be designed.
Non-Disclosure agreement will be required before details regarding the strategies available and to be used in the routine are divulged. An example of one of the strategies used is to apply extra money to the highest interest debt first.
Thank You for your interest,
Windows NT Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP If possible also Windows 98 but not a requirement. All 3+ versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, and Mozilla. Portability to Linux is desirable. The routine must be callable from a webpage and by other methods such as via DLL, via executable, etc.