This is a complete website that is similar to [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] except it is focused on the area of coupons. It uses social networking to create links between individuals based upon the personal information they provide, creating subgroups. In other words, you fill in the name and address of the grocery store you use and it creates a group of people who use that same store.
We require the user facing application and a management console to manage all of this and tweak system behavior as necessary.
* User management (login/logout, personal information (including user picture), invite friends to join
* Messaging system for sending messages and deal alerts to friends/reading/responding (including picture of author)
*User managed personal settings about who can see your personal information
* Browse friends (by image/name/location), browse all users same way;
* Mantain a database of printed coupons from the newspaper that users can modify for their own location, modifications are shared with other users in the same location (by newspaper)
* Maintain inventory of each user's coupons from database above and allow the users to mark the inventory as trade/accumukate and match these lists to facilitate coupon trading.
* Hook into our existing online coupons and the online coupons from another company.
* Provide a database where users can enter coupon codes and share them with friends. User of the system can then rate the coupon codes and signify whether they are valid. Our management console should enable us to remove coupons marked invalid by a flexible number of people.
* Enable users to solicit others to swap coupons in what is called a coupon train.
* Add existing forum like [url removed, login to view] You could hack this system (php) and use their user management, messaging, etc and just add the additional functionality on top and in the database.
The above may sound very complex, but when you see it, it is pretty straightforward and self-explanatory. We will provide the specification, the project description and the HTML pages for the entire system, all you provide is the php and database expertise to make it all work according to the specification/GUI. You can get the IBForums code (php) and hack that pretty quickly I would assume, but that is up to you.
Languages: php 4.0 or 5.0
Database: either mysql or sql server