This is the "sister" project to the Contact Importer for Joomla that I have posted here: [url removed, login to view]
Basically, I need a contact importer plug-in for WordPress. This plug-in allows the member to enter their login information for any one of these online accounts, GMail, Hotmail and Yahoo mail, and have the option to select which friend to send the email invitation to invite that friend to join the website.
1. Select which email service to import their contact list (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, Lycos, Rediff, [url removed, login to view], Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunder Bird, ICQ, Katamail, [url removed, login to view])
2. Enter their login information to their email providers
3. User clicks a "Submit" button.
4. Their address book is displayed.
5. They have the option to select which friend to send the email invitation. The default is none selected.
6. Display the default system message.
7. Option to enter a personal message in addition to the system message.
8. Option to save their address book with a status of each contact, marking who has been invited, joined and who has not. (When saving each contact info, save which email account it came from)
9. Clicking the "Invite" button sends an email to each of the selected recipients.
1. Choose which email services from the list to activate.
2. Configure the "Submit" button name to be a text
3. Option to disable/enable feature desription in step 8.
4. Option: Enter the default system message
5. Option: Enter the default "From" email address.
This must not be a hack and should be documented and coded so that it's easy to understand and maintain.
I plan on adding additional features to this plug-in, so this plugin should be architected in such a way to make writing extensions to this plugin as easy as possible.