I require a talented WordPress programmer to develop a new plugin that acts as a system to control the use of plugins and themes sold by my company.
There are two main components of this plugin;
1. The Client side. This is the main platform that generates and tracks the licensing key issued to each customer.
2. The Customer side. This is the script that must be embedded into the plugins/themes being sold by me. This script 'talks' to the client side in order to obtain validation of the license key that the end user (customer) enters into the plugin/theme. If the license key is valid the plugin/theme can be activated and used. If the license key is invalid then the plugin/theme cannot be used.
Note: The scope of this project is to develop the client side (main plugin) and the customer side (the script that I must embed into its products). The programmer is not required to embed this script into the products. However, the programmer must demonstrate that the customer side script functions properly. Therefore a test will be required on an existing plugin for this purpose.
Objectives of this Plugin:
1. Issue a unique license key to a customer in order for the customer to activate a plugin/theme.
2. Control the number of activations/installations of the plugin/theme.
3. Control the length of use of the license key.
4. Track who is using the plugin and on what domain(s).
5. Expire a license key from within the admin panel.
6. Allow the customer to deactivate the installation of a licensed plugin/theme from within the plugin/theme admin panel.
I have a full functional design specification and a visual mockup of the plugin.
1. Are a talented programmer with prior WordPress programming experience
2. Are familiar with licensing systems to control the use of software
3. Can demonstrate prior projects where you developed WordPress plugins (preferably to clients on elance)
4. Have a rating of 4.5 or higher on elance;
then please reply back and I will forward you the functional design specification and a visual mockup for your review. At that time you can decide if you can complete this project and place an appropriate bid.
Looking forward to hearing from you and potentially developing a long term working relationship.