I'm going to try my best to explain this as clearly as possible. I'm trying to create a table in Wordpress (using 2.5) that allows for several things.
1. This table has to be user-sortable. (ie, the default sort is to column X, but the reader can click to sort by column Y)
2. For the sake of explanation, let's say the table is a list of NFL teams. I want the final column of this table to contain a "Vote" function, so that the readers can vote for their favorite "teams" directly on the table. The terms of the "voting" could be a couple of different ways: simple "positive" votes (like a Digg format) or an overall average rating, out of 10. Preferably, it would just be a tally of positive votes.
3. I'd like the table to default sort by the order of most positive votes.
4. Each "team" will get its own standalone "info" page that's hyperlinked to the table. If it's possible, I'd really like for each "team" to also have their vote count displayed on their standalone page.
5. I need to also have the ability to add future columns and rows, as my list grows.
6. What ever voting function you use--be it a plugin, or whatever--I don't want it to appear anywhere else on the web site. The "voting of posts" functionality is not currently desired.
7. Additionally, any assistance in installing this table on my web page would be greatly appreciated.
I've tried to find the correct set of plugins to make this work, but without success. I'm currently using the wp-Table plugin to manage my table, but I've been unsuccessful in installing a plugin that a) performs the voting functions I want and b) can be installed in the table. I do realize, however, that the wp-Table plugin might not remain the best avenue for the future of this table.
Thanks for your help in advance.