My band is to release its second CD on Dec. 8. We want a new website to coincide with the CD's release. We want a site that is easily customizable—one with a CMS that allows us to easily update everything from tour dates and music player MP3s to blog entries and photos. Here is what we want the site to include:
• Splash page – a page that randomly pulls up one of three flash movies
• Music player – want a player that shows the album art, album/artist/track name and—important—does NOT allow visitors to download the tracks; preferrably with functionality allowing three tracks to randomly be selected from a pool of tracks with every site refresh/new visit
• Tour dates - need to be able to post date, venue, cover charge and description as well as a link to Google maps showing the venue location
• Blog/news – want headlines to be posted on home page; click on headline to read full article on blog page
• Media – a page with photos, flash videos, and mp3s
• Mailing list — we have a third-party mailing list; need to include a simple piece of code that enables people to sign up
• Store - want a page that simply allows visitor to click on links to our iTunes and CDBaby stores (very simple)
• About – a page that has an updatable bio and photos
One thing I want to stress is the importance of the band being able to easily update the text and images for each page via the CMS.
Also, my desingers will be providing all the art for the site.
I am in the process of securing the right server space and art, so I likely will not award this job for another two weeks. I encourage any suggestions/feedback you have concerning the best way to make this site work best, i.e. CSS, XML, drupal. Thank you.