This is a small script that uses php, mysql and xml.
The idea is to follow how flight prices change the closer you get to the departure date. Prices will be followed for 2 months. Prices are checked every day at noon (cronjob) from an xml feed and stored into a mysql table.
The script does this:
- Read the list of airport codes (given to the bidder)
- Get xml data from special url (see attachment) for every flight, a one minute pause between accessing their server to reduce load
- Store the xml files to a cache folder just in case more info or backup is needed later
- Store price data of the cheapest flight to a mysql table. Two numbers: price for the cheapest and price for the cheapest DIRECT flight (These are both found in the xml)
- admin panel will show the current situation:
___10.4 11.4 12.4 13.4 14.4 15.4 %
OUL x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y 5.1
AGP x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y 4.8
LHR x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y 10.6
PAR x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y x/y 0.4
x is the lowest price, y for lowest direct (for some flights it will be the same). Last column will show percentage of price increase when comparing the first price to the latest.
Send a pm if you want to get more info.