Our high-level business model:
Our company provides access to educators and their online courses from around the world through our platform. We are the marketing arm of their programs and do not host any of their learning content. When a learner decides to purchase our partner’s courses through our platform, we process the registration, collect the payments and then provide access to the course into our partner’s platform no matter where they are in the world. This is done online and through an API or purchase codes that they have provided to us.
The problem we are working to solve:
Once we give access to the learner, they end up leaving our platform to study in the platform of our educators. What we want is to ensure that we can continue to provide them with support when and if they require it after they have left our platform. In addition, we want to also gather details from them about their learning progress, about the provider and their overall experiences with our educator. This data could then be collected and provided back into our learner’s profile on our platform. Each time they are connected to another of our education providers on another platform, we would always be connected to them to provide this support and track their progress.
The browser Extension to support:
We would need to have the browser extension built to solve this challenge for the following browsers. This is not one extension to be developed. It is 4 extensions that are to be created specifically based on the requirements of these providers. You must follow the rules and best practices of each of the Browser extensions as defined by the browser providers - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer
We would require the following functionality to be included: Ability to login to our platform using their phone number and the specific course ID for the course they are taking at that time. This would enable us to access and log the data specifically to that course and that provider.
Course and educator related functions:
• Chat system- function to connect into our current chat system;
• Customer Service – function to be able to call our customer support team;
• Five Star rating system- function that enables the learner to rate the course and the provider. There would be a small survey that we would provide as part of this rating structure.
• Course Recommendation- function that would allow our company to show the learner other recommended courses;
• Course Referral - function that would enable our learner to forward the details of the course to a friend. The course details would be showed, along with the connection back to our platform to purchase it;
• Course Completion - function that would enable our learner to be able to capture their course completion or grades and provide it back into their profile on our platform.
Additional services offered functions:
• Assess Your Skills - function which enables the learner to assess their progress. This would connect the learner to assessments on our platform.
• Access Job – Function that would connect our learner to job opportunities on our platform related to the courses they are taking.
• Career Coaching – Function that would connect our learner to career coaching services provided on our platform.
The browser extension will need to be built with the ability to add on more functions as required.
Business Logic of Dashboard:
When our browser extension is launched, the dashboard would appear and only include the key support requirements. The login details, plus Chat, Customer Service Icons. This provides our learner with access to immediate support if they required it.
The other dashboard icons as outlined in the functions section, would be greyed out until the learner signs in. After signing in, their data should be connected to the extension from our platform and we can support them further as it pertains to their course performance and other features.