Use Uber as a key model.
We have several warehouses where we keep goods. Customers place an order and we deliver to them. We want a system that will use GPS to allow Drivers to know which warehouse has goods ready to be picked up, drive to warehouse, pick up the order(s) and use GPS to generate delivery route.
Driver's system will be a mobile App, both Android and iOS (Preferably hybrid) . Admin portal will be Web based.
Below is a summary of key expectations:
- Build a secure delivery system (DS) that can easily integrate with other platforms (eg warehouse software, customer portal)
- DS should allow driver to view warehouses within a certain geolocation.
- If driver selects a warehouse, the he sees orders that are ready for pick up. Driver can choose to accept an order or leave it for next driver.
- If driver accepts order, then GPS shows him direction to warehouse
- DS system informs store that driver on way to pick up order, with estimate arrival time.
- Driver gets order from store. DS sends notification to store and Customer that order has been picked up and on way to delivery (notifications are crucial).
- If driver has picked up more than one order, GPS will use customer addresses to create best delivery route.
- Customer received periodic notifications about the order on way including when order has arrived.
- Driver drops off order and sends “order delivered” notification to customer and warehouse.
Driver gets paid for deliveries made as a % of distance from warehouse to delivery place.
System should allow drivers to sign up, provide required documents just like Uber does. System should be able to track money deposited into drivers’ bank accounts.
An Admin portal is needed to allow admin proper management of system including driver verifications and approvals. A few key reports like drivers’ stats and financials are needed.