We need to implement a WMS (Warehouse Management System) in prestashop as module.
Our company offer order fulfillment (efulfillment) for ecommerce sellers storing his inventory (inbound shipments) at our warehouse that we should import as supplier orders on regular basis to have stocks, and we import daily (outbound shipment) importing orders with products and delivery addresses.
Its important note that a supplier for us is the same as the seller. Since at our WMS sellers that use our warehousing services are the suppliers.
This are the main functions:
1. Import inbound and outbound shipments in csv
1.1 Allow import amazon orders in csv
2. Calculate fees charged by storage, pick and pack and shipping cost.
3. Allow Login to check inventory and invoices for sellers/suppliers
4. Shipping tables rates should be calculated by zone or postal code and allow to use several couriers based in sellers preferences.
5. send invoices monthly to sellers/suppliers
We are using prestashop advanced stock management to allow import supplier order and update stocks of the products.
Inventory management is implemented already with prestashop advanced stock management.
There is three type fees categories that should be calculated to be invoiced to suppliers: Storage fees, Pick and Pack fees and shipping cost. This categories fees have associated other fees.
1. Calculating storage fees:
We need to track when we receive stocks the total weight and space (by dimensions) occupied by inventory supplier received, since the date received upto products is sold.
Its calculated by cubic meter/month with a minium fee.
2. Calculating Pick and Pack fees:
We have 3 pick and pack fees:
2.1. Picking fee
2.2. Different SKU fee
2.3. Weight Fee
3. At shipping cost there is some additional charges:
1. Insurance fee (usually as percentage with a minimum fee)
2. Cash on delivery payment fee (usually as percentage with a minimum fee)
3. Shipping costs. SHould be calculated as a percentage of the stored shipping table rates, shipping table rates is our cost but we get a profit from shipping cost
3.1 Domestic. When its shipped to Spain. We calculate shipping cost by weight and zones. zones are determined by postal codes. This shipping cost i think is well calculated already at prestashop.
3.2 International shipping cost. When delivery address is outside Spain, every courier have rates by zones, we group countries by zones.
4 Packaging supplies cost. Based in weight rules we assign a type of packaging.
Rules to select the right courier service for imported outbound shipments.
Every shipment should be send by a courier service, we could get this info imported from the outbound orders csv file, but in most of times we will select the courier based in a rule. This rule decide what courier choose based in Total price order (TOP) and total weight of the order (TOW).
If (TOP>X and/or TOW>Y) or product custom field courier service is service Z then => we select Courier service Z