*** Please see attached PDF in addition to requirements below for screens ***
This project involves enhancements to an existing WordPress plugin. The additional functionality requested composes of 3 distinct items and is outlined below:
1. Email notification on story submission and approval: The current plugin allows users to submit their story through a pop up. Once all the validations are complete, the submission is saved to the database. For every submission we would like to add the following email notifications:
[login to view URL] moderator of a new submission: This is an email alert that goes out to predetermined email addresses, notifying that a story has been submitted. Email subject should be “New Story Submission” and the email body should be all the fields collected on step 2 of the submission. These include title, name, email, location and the story itself. We do not need to attach the image.
[login to view URL] the story contributor once the moderator approves their story: Existing plugin allows moderator to approve stories for display on the Stories page. By default all stories are in pending approval status. When the status through the WordPress dashboard is changed from Pending to Publish, we will notify the contributor that their submission has been accepted. Subject line should be “Your submission has been accepted” and the email body should contain a link to their post on the Memories page, where they can view it. Additional text for this email will be provided at a later date.
IMPORTANT: Our hosting environment may have limitations on using PHP Mail to send emails. We need to know in advance what the precise requirements are to ensure that it will work with our hosting provider.
2. Ability to feature a specific story on any page
a. We would like to add the ability to feature a published story on to any page - especially on the homepage. The way we envision this to work is having a short code or similar WordPress component that when placed on page, will display the featured story - similar to how its displayed on the stories page right now. Please see example screen below.
b. Plugin administration will be updated to include a “Make Featured” button or check box that appears while reviewing the story. When pressed, the selected story becomes featured - and the status of the previous featured story is reset.
3. Featuring the Upload Memory button on mobile devices
We are planning on having a small icon on mobile devices that will open the Story submission pop up. This will be a sticky icon at the right hand bottom corner of the screne - similar to the chat icon seen on many sites (e.g. [login to view URL]). We want this to be able to open the story pop up (i.e. Upload memory pop up). Please see screen below as a reference: The scope of this request is to ensure that the story pop up loads properly and functions as expected allowing users to submit their story. We are unsure if it needs changes to the plugin.
[The ‘UM’ icon is just an example. It will an upload arrow icon for now].
1. All existing functionality of the plugin needs to be retained and work as before
2. Any code written / developed needs to support all devices (desktop / mobile / tablet) unless otherwise agreed upon
3. We are unable to provide direct access to the website. Development environment, including a site to demonstrate functionality will be your responsibility
4. You will be required to provide test cases for every feature / milestone outlining all scenarios that were reviewed and have passed QA
5. Timeline is very important. You agree to complete the project within the committed timeframe, pending delays caused by late feedback
Payment will be split up as follows:
Milestone 1: Feature 1a and 1b outlined above - 25% payment
Milestone 2: Feature 2a and 2b outlined above - 25% payment
Milestone 3: Feature 3 - 15% payment
Final QA and acceptance - 35% payment