I got an existing wordpress community page that I need to become available as an Android and an iOS app. The app should look professional, as the website is well designed too.
The website uses a lot of plugins (that are modified in graphics and sometimes also a bit in functionality) to implement the following functions:
- Users can sign up and create a profile (Plugin: Wordpress User Frontend Pro)
- Users can search for other profiles that are nearby the user's profile by using different filter (Plugin: GeoMyWP)
- Users can send messages to each other (Plugin: BuddyPress)
- Users can upload photos and videos to their timeline (Plugin: RTMedia for Buddypress)
- Users can sign up for a membership (Plugin: Paid Membership Pro)
- Users can buy products in a shop (Plugin: WooCommerce)
- Users can earn coins for some activities on the page (Plugin: MyCred)
- Users can create a PDF from an invoice (Plugin: PDF Creator Lite)
I did some research what might be the best option to convert this into an app, but I am still not sure:
- Plugins like AppPresser doesn't seem to have enough functionality to work well with all these plugins. Also, it the look is too simple and less unique and the performance might be not good as in a native app, as you have to implement functions via iframe
- Creating an app from scratch seems to be very time consuming and complicated, as you have to recreate the functionality of all the plugins two more times (for iOS and for Android) and connect everything with the WP database. I guess there are no OpenSource plugins that you can use that are similar to the wordpress plugins.
First priority is that it becomes a high quality app. Can we achieve this with plugins that helps converting wordpress websites to apps or is the only option to create a high quality app to create everything from scratch?
If you are interested in this long-term project, I can also send you the URL of the website. So that you can sign up and get a better overview of the functions mentioned above.
Please tell me something about your strategy that you would use for creating this app.