The app contains 3 main sections:
The app is targeted for low-income families to take advantage of sales on food products and buy them at a price that fits their budget.
Please consider that this is voluntary before making offers.
Bundle: (10 lb of imperfect fruits and vegetables “fruits and veg that are not in a perfect shape”)
- 10lb of fruits is the only buy option.
- A subscription-based service.
o Either 5$ for the bundle
o Or 10$ (one for you, and one for another family in need)
o 20$ (one for you, and 3 for other families in need)
o Payment thru PayPal.
- This section only views locations of restaurants where cheap tokens can be bought/replaced with food at the displayed restaurants here.
o For example:
1920 Angles road (clicking on the location will view the location of the restaurant on the map app in that device).
o No buying options just viewing.
BestBefore: ("Best before" dates appear on a wide range of frozen, dried, tinned and other foods. "Best before" dates are about quality, not safety. When the date is passed, it doesn't mean that the food will be harmful, but it might begin to lose its flavor and texture.)
- BestBefore is a section where products in grocery stores that are about to reach their best-before date are displayed. These products are always on sale if it is about to reach the best-before date, therefore, low-income families can make use of the sale and purchase the products at a cheap price.
- No buying options here as well, just viewing.
Basically, a store will be provided an account to upload their products (in the form of .csv file) that are about to reach their best-before date (for example, milk or meat)