About a month ago, a GetaFreelancer provider created a chat/whiteboard application for us using MySQL and PHP. The original specs are attached.
We need to have a few minor changes made to that existing application, but are unable to find the original provider. Therefore, we are looking for a new provider to modify the existing PHP/MySQL application to address the following minor issues:
1. Apostrophes and quotes turn in to "/" marks when using the chat function.
2. If someone imports text from MS Word using the "Edit" feature, and then someone else "Edits" that text, the formatting gets messed up.
3. In the "Edit" window, apostrophes often get translated as "???".
4. In the pop-up for sending the chat to an e-mail address, the word "send" should be "sent."
5. There is a significant delay between the time someone submits something to the chat and the time that it is displayed on the screen. Can this be made to work faster?
6. Still sometimes the user has to refresh numerous times before the chat portion of the window appears.
7. For sending e-mails, the system should use the address "" -- not your address. And the subject of such e-mails should be "WCOnline: Requested OCM E-mail"
8. If links are entered in either windows ("www.therichco.com"), they should appear as links and, if clicked, should open in a new window.
9. When exiting, have a box that appears to confirm that a student wants to exit.
Your bid is to address the above eight issues in the existing application.