We are setting up a social network for artists (musicians, painters, dancers, etc.) using the [url removed, login to view] platform. This network brings together teachers and students. At no cost, members can post their profiles, events, classes, jobs, auditions, etc. We are taking bids from developers to enhance the Ning platform for our social network in the following manner:
1) Maps that allow users to see where members live around the world and where events are happening around the world. One map would be on the Members page, and the other on the Events page. When the cursor is moved over each continent of the world, the continent is highlighted. When the user clicks the continent, the list populates with all the members in the region. We want to combine this with a text search if someone wants to narrow down the search.
2) A menu/tab item that allows users to sign up and pay for a "membership." This membership offers additional benefits to the free services available when users sign up to create a profile and post events.
- When a user signs up for these membership services they will be directed to a page where the benefits and cost of being a member are listed and where they can pay for the membership (via paypal).
- We also want people to have the option of signing up for membership in the initial sign up sheet for posting a profile, so people can upgrade from the start if they wish.
- A default will need to be created so that membership is automatically renewed unless the member cancels.
- We will also need a way to identify members when they sign up so that we can deliver membership benefits.
- We will need a "My account" space for members to be able to change their payment information or cancel.
3) The membership benefits will include:
-Top Positioning when users search profiles
-Top Positioning when users search events
-Ability to create and post to a private forum area
We will need the developer to ensure that we can offer these membership benefits, so for example when we someone searches using the map, the first profiles that come up are those that have the premium membership.
4) Setting up the events page so that members could enter a code to receive 15% discount.