I have an OJS based online publishing website contains multiple journals. I would like to upgrade the OJS version from the current version (220.127.116.11) to OJS 3.x. Then, I would like to customize the upgraded website to achieve the following goals:
1- Have a responsive website that can easily be browsed on any device
2- Improve the design and look of the website (include side bars, journal covers, galleries...etc) according to some examples that I will provide prior to the agreement on the work.
3- Add more static pages to the website
4- Integrate the website with Google analytics
Please state if you have previous experience with the OJS technology or not. The project will only be awarded to developers who can prove their efficiency in customizing OJS platform.
Open Journal Systems (OJS) is a journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project through its federally funded efforts to expand and improve access to research.
1- All developments must be made ONLY using OJS, native PHP and native HTML. We will not accept any development done using any web app frameworks such as Yii or Symphony
or any other web app framework.
2- Except the first upfront payment, all milestone payments will be made after the milestone is delivered and tested by our team.
3- The awarded developer must prepare and provide admin guide/manual for all the new upgrades and developments including how to customize the new theme.
1- Upfront payment: 20% upon the project award
2- Upgrade and recovery payment: 20% after the following work is completed, delivered and successfully tested with no flaws or bugs:
- Upgrade our website to OJS 3.x
- Recover backup for two journals from the backup files that we will provide
- Maintain all current data and user database working and with no problems
3- Mid project payment: 20% after the following work is completed, delivered and successfully tested with no flaws or bugs:
- Design a responsive OJS theme, we have similar examples to show what we want, you may ask us via chat PM. By similar we mean same theme elements, responsiveness and similar design.
- Make sure that the theme allows us to add static HTML/PHP pages that can be linked to the homepage.
- The theme must have social media connectivity with proper icons for Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+ on the homepage (publishing page)
- Host the theme on your server using our website data and give us appropriate time for testing.
4- Handover and commissioning payment: 20% after the new website and theme are installed on our server successfully
5- Final payment: 20% after our team finish testing the new website and theme and after all problems and bugs that may be found are solved.