I have a Pligg website taking up too many server resources and Hostgator keeps shutting it down. They have recommended the following which I need executed ASAP. We recently updated the website bit it is still acting up. If you can carry out the recommendations below please apply:
"While investigating this matter we have discovered that the account is operating an instance of the PLIGG web application software. Unfortunately this software seems to be losing support and does not appear to be utilizing any performance features available in most modern web applications. We have determined a few helpful tips that may help lower the resource consumption of this application. Please note that if actions are not taken to reduce the load associated with this account and/or this account continues to be attributed to high resource usage on a shared account we may require an upgrade for this account/application to a VPS/Dedicated server.
In our experience, PLIGG instances appear to be subject of an excessive amount of Spam. We recommend reviewing the status of links/articles and users associated with the instance(s) operating on this account. The SQL commands below are provided for your reference. You may execute these commands within the phpMyAdmin module from inside the cPanel interface for this account. If you have any questions regarding the information or commands below please let us know.
1) To review the status of the links within the 'pligg_links' table. This will display the number of entries grouped by status.
>>> SELECT link_status AS 'STATUS' , COUNT( link_status ) AS 'COUNT' FROM pligg_links GROUP BY link_status ORDER BY COUNT DESC ;
2) Review any queued links associated with this instance. This may be completed from either the phpMyAdmin session or within the administrative interface for this instance.
>>> SELECT * FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'queued';
3) Remove the links that have been marked as: 'spam','discard','abuse','duplicated'. The removal statement for 'queued' links has been provided for your reference and should be used with caution.
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'spam';
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'discard';
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'abuse';
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'duplicated';
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_links WHERE link_status = 'queued'; #CAUTION
4) Review the status of the comments within the 'pligg_comments' table. This will display the number of entries grouped by status.
>>> SELECT comment_status AS 'STATUS' , COUNT( comment_status ) AS 'COUNT' FROM pligg_comments GROUP BY comment_status ORDER BY COUNT DESC ;
5) Remove the comments that have been marked as Spam or discarded from the 'pligg_comments' table.
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_comments WHERE comment_status = 'spam';
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_comments WHERE comment_status = 'discard';
6) OPTIONAL: Review and remove users that are disabled.
>>> SELECT * FROM pligg_users WHERE pligg_users.user_enabled = '0' ;
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_users WHERE user_enabled = '0' ;
7) OPTIONAL: Review and remove users that are not associated with the creation of a link AND comment.
>>> SELECT * FROM pligg_users WHERE ( pligg_users.user_id NOT IN (SELECT link_author FROM pligg_links ) AND pligg_users.user_id NOT IN (SELECT comment_user_id FROM pligg_comments ) ) ;
>>> DELETE FROM pligg_users WHERE ( pligg_users.user_id NOT IN ( SELECT link_author FROM pligg_links ) AND pligg_users.user_id NOT IN ( SELECT comment_user_id FROM pligg_comments ) ) ;
We will continue to monitor the server and alert you if any issues occur which require attention. "
5 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $172 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hi Reviewed your requirement and we are having good expertise with pligg. Kindly let us know the version and the site URL to proceed futher Thanks Manickavel