Printing Reports to PDF
We currently use PHP alongside a MySQL DB to create web based reports. These reports are formatted using CSS/HTML. We need the ability to print these reports out while maintaining the format provided on the page through CSS/HTML. Here are a list of our requirements:
- Simple to use, you click on a link that says print report, a PDF launches and the report is ready to print
- One code set, the page that is called to generate the PDF should be the same page that is used to show the report online. Bottom line we should not have to maintain to sets of code, as could be changing these reports frequently
- The PDF generation should be able to pass along browser sorts, so if we click on a heading of a column and sort that column when we print the PDF it should maintain that sort. Also labeling the print out by what column the report has been sorted by.
- The report should eliminate the left navigation and the put a simple header with logo on the top along with the filtered criteria, a quick summary (web page version shows this as well), and the report
- The PDF should have page numbers as well as correct paging and column headings on each page where applicable.
- The PDF should carry all the CSS/HTML formatting which is passed in from the web report.
If this seems like a project that you would be able to accomplish please bid