I have installed Thunderbird on the latest version of Debian (Linux) and successfully connected to my GMail account. I then installed 2 Thunderbird add-ons, the first being FiltaQuilla which allows the user to setup filters and in my case I created one to automatically print specific emails to my default printer (80mm thermal receipt printer). The second add-on is PrintingTools which gives additionally functionality around printing of emails such as not printing headers.
This works relatively OK but there are some issues.
1. The left and right margins when printing the body of the email are too big.
2. The filter code itself and the name I gave to the filter code (FiltaQuilla add-on) appear on what is printed (see top).
I have attached a scanned print out of an email to illustrate the issues and I can also forward the email so you can view the source.