We are looking for someone who will create both an Android and iPhone App for allowing race participants of various running races to track themselves while running the race as well as spectators to track the specific runners they choose to track. This app is based on GPS location of the participant, along with data previously uploaded to the app by the race, including the course in KML or GPX format. We have another app that a lot of the functions would be mirrored on and so you'll be able to test these features as you adapt them to our app. You'll have one month to develop a fully functioning app and you'll work with both our top mgt team along with our developer consultant. The app will need to be tested as it is being built. The app will also send the runner and spectator following the runner text notifications on reaching each mile along with their pace and potential finishing time. It will also serve as an emergency response if the race needs to alert all participants of sever weather conditions or changes in the race.
Some areas to remember:
- The runner will search for themselves in the app through the pre-loaded data the race uploaded before the race. Once the runner finds themselves they will activate the app to connect to their GPS.
- We'll want an app that uses very little battery life because the runners could be out for hours and hours.
- The runner will start the race by a click of a button the app when they cross the start line and click the button when they finish the race.
- Spectators will be able to track only a certain number of runners at a time i.e. 25 to 50
- Spectators and runners receive pop up notifications when mile markers are reached along the course, at the start, each mile and at the finish line.