This is a revision of a current Joomla site ([url removed, login to view]).
This site is in development and requires a knowledgeable programmer to make it work seamlessly. The website sells training courses and allows users to either:
1. Register, purchase (one or several courses)and take a specific course online.
2. Register and purchase one or several live training course(s) at one of several different locations. This keys off JCal and RegPro.
The graphic design and most of the normal site pages are fine as is. The key problem is the online course and the excessive number of steps needed to register, purchase and take the course/test. The Joomla components/modules currently in use are:
Online Courses require the visitor to:
1. Choose which course they wish to take (currently there is only one)
2. Quickly pay for the course. I'd prefer a more standard shopping cart system that does not go to the Paypal payment page; but instead offers credit card options and secondarily Paypal.
3. Once paid, they must input their name which will go on a certificate which they can print out, once they've successfully completed the course.
The course consists of three parts:
a. They download and print out a workbook (pdf, doc, or rtf).
b. They are directed to the online course that walks them through about five pages of information and they use the workbook to take notes.
c. Test: There is a twenty (or so) question test that they take and must have 80% to pass and get the certificate displayed with their name on it (they print it out) and are done.
The system must allow for single and/or multiple purchases. A multiple purchase would buy several courses or live classes. The multiple purchase must employ a voucher or coupon system allowing the buyer to use purchased online courses over time. For example: An employee would need to take the course and be certified (by taking the course, passing a test, and receiving a certificate with their name on it). They would log in using the buyers login credentials and then go through the payment process using the coupon code which would then deduct a course from the cache.
The Old Site is currently live at: http://nscfoodsafety.com. It is built from X-Cart.
What I want is a system that works efficiently and doesn't require unnecessary steps to register, pay and take the courses.
There are several ways this project can be approached:
1. A Joomla programmer could potentially fix the system that is currently there and make it seamless.
2. One could use the website graphic design from the Joomla site ([url removed, login to view]) and make it fit the current X Cart format with a few extra fixes to the X Cart.
3. Retain the graphic design as stated and put the website into a better more efficient platform allowing for all the functionality described above.