PowerBi Slicer Using Subset of Field
1. The datasets are flat CVS files, with the metrics, containing sales data, in one dataset and the dimensions, containing fields such as product description, brand and category, in a separate dataset
2. Currently we filter our data with slicers like Description, Brand and Category using a relationship from the Dimension table to the Metric table.
3. We have a Field called TagName in the Dimension table that has a lot of space delimited keywords in it like “Sum98 NeedReturns JustDemo Sum987,” the keywords are variable per row.
4. Each of those space delimited keywords (Tags) are a Dimension
5. Add a slicer based on the space delimited keywords in the TagName field.
6. We can provide a table (TAGS table) with all unique keywords, if this is needed
7. Use the word BlueMagic in your offer, and state briefly how you would go about doing this. and you can send some samples of what you did.
8. We will provide a PBIX with the above mentioned datasets. The job would be to create the needed code and etc. in the provided PBIX file.
Create a slicer visual (either using the TAGS table mentioned in number 6 or other eficent method) that would filter the Dimensions table based on the space delimited keyword in the Metric table. It should neatly fit into our theme we use now and it should work fast.